- Kingdom of the Blue Whale premiers tonight on the National Geographic channel (sadly, not one included in the cheapass Castle Wolffenstein cable). Get excited by reading early reviews from Biochemicalsoul, Observation of a Nerd and Oh, for the Love of Science!
- Speaking of whales, is conservation NGO Sea Shepherd actually helping them by criminal ramming of ships in the Antarctic? (You can tell how I feel about that.) What about sharks? Dr. M at Deep Sea News discusses the ship-ramming incident (though the discussion ends in foul sockpuppetery) and WhySharksMatter at Southern Fried Scientist tackles the sharks, with possible cameo by Paul Watson. Also see Shark Divers’s excellent series.
- I haven’t made it to the Watchmen movie yet, but that hasn’t stopped me from mocking it. Two quality parodies (via Martini-Corona):
- Saturday Morning Watchmen – “Strong together, united forever, they’re the best of friends!”
- What if Woody Allen (or Sofia Coppola or Quentin Tarentino) had directed Watchmen? Slideshow from Slate.