- The ScienceBlogs Bookclub discusses Autism’s False Prophets: Bad Science, Risky Medicine, and the Search for a Cure, by Dr. Paul Offit. If you’re interested in how the public perceives science and how bad information persists, you should definitely check it out. To read in order, start at the bottom of the page and work your way up.
- Farmland birds do NOT get chopped into one million tiny feathery pieces in wind turbines, reports TUIB Guy.
- Christopher Taylor features freshwater mussels and their deviant fish-gill-inhabiting lifestyles.
- Bug Girl has gorgeous Raid ads of the moth Grim Reaper, mosquito Grim Reaper and the roach Grim Reaper.
- Urinary tract wallpaper! My, what fetching kidneys. For a different type of kidney love, check out Bora’s ode to tasty, tasty offal.