- Pink meanie jelly invades Gulf of Mexico, complete with crab sidekick/pilot/overlord. (Thanks Aili, JEByrnes, Julie, and Greg!)
- Chris has a Starfish Singalong! (and causes me to have a slight mental meltdown, because if an illustrious echinoderm taxonomist is calling sea stars “starfish,” I have mislead 1,000 elementary school tidepoolers.)
- Broadsheet highlights the Slug Queen beauty contest. Costumes include a “handmade fabric slime trails.”
- The Return of the Lonely Remora, Bonaire edition.
- Your poor bubbie, all alone in Florida on the High Holy Days. What, you want she should dip her apples in honey all alone? And fast, with her blood sugar the way it is? You want to feel guilty for the rest of your life? Didn’t think so. The Great Schlep is a movement for Jewish grandchildren to visit their grandparents this fall and while they’re there, convince them to vote for Obama.* Make sure to watch the video starring my Manchester, NH homegirl Sarah Silverman. (Via Blog Around the Clock and JEByrnes.)
*Disclaimer: Miriam and Eric, though mired in deepest guilt, will not be making the Great Schlep. Omi (AL), Nana (NH), Grandma (NY) and Grandma & Grandpa (FL) are all staunch Democrats.